Thursday 12 April 2018

Oh no

Having successfully entered the there week world of tapering after my "Tarka Run", I have been struck down by a horrible lurgy of some description.

It was all going so well, maybe to well...

After my epic 22.5 miles, I ran a couple of times in the week and then knocked out a 13.5 miles the following Saturday, followed by a gentle 4 miles on Tuesday morning earlier this week.   Then on Tuesday - the tickly throat, aching body and all that jazz kicked in.  So no running last night and a day behind closed doors today - honey and lemon (I hate honey), Echinacea pills till I rattle and night/day nurse tablets as often as I am allowed.

Still managing to feel proper sorry for myself and slightly panicky about loosing "my edge" - but reassuring my stupid brain that I have only missed one run, its good for my legs to rest and guess what this might only be a nasty cold so will be better in a few days and there after all 9 days to go!!!

Come on body BEHAVE please



No comments:

Post a Comment

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share..... Whilst I haven't...