Wednesday 2 January 2019

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share.....


Whilst I haven't been posting very often - I have kept on running and running -  very "Gump like" at times... 
In fact I have run so much, I have clocked up a massive 767.3 miles during 2018.  Flipping 'eck.   I am quite proud and also very grateful to my toes, feet, legs, glutes and all other bodily parts that have stuck together and worked with me to achieve this rather than fall to pieces.
I am also truly grateful to my running buddies who have run with me so much on various runs and routes.  When I started my London Marathon madness plan, someone said you better learn to run with other people - so I did.   You wonderful running buddies have got me through many miles and moments of self doubt at different times.  You are amazing luscious people and I want to continue running with you in 2019

Mark Kennedy
Clare Ace
Lindsey Jones
Andy Tarzey
Jim Tarzey
Ben Harper
Dan Dickinson
Georgina Gilchrist Roberts
and the wonderful This Mum Runs (TMR) community

767.3 miles (and don't forget that all important .3) is a fantastic number - but not quite as fantastic as the number £250,000, the amount of money that we have now raised for Teenage Cancer Trust in Ella's name.   It was lovely and poignant to mark this number back in September - with so many friends and family who have all made this happen and of course so many more people involved as well.   THANK YOU.   Lots of this cash was raised through running shenanigans over the past six years - 10k's "run for Ella's", half marathons and marathons.  All very funny - given Ella barely owned a pair of running shoes........ she must be very amused.

So other than big numbers - what has running given me? A healthier and stronger body - that is for sure.  The confidence that I can say "I am a runner", determination to keep going and share my running love with anyone who wants to join in - and believe me you can....... just put one foot in front of the other at your pace - and the rest as they say is history.

What next..... well keep on running Jo

With all my thanks and love to my running buddies and my wonderful supporters - especially Sophie Redman - who never fails to push me out the front door on dark Wednesday evenings - "Go on Mum, get on with it!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share..... Whilst I haven't...