Saturday 14 April 2018

A day of numbers

Eight sleeps to go ..... and my lurgy is horrible.

So a day of numbers........

Today is the first weekend  in 9 weeks that I have not  got out of bed, eaten porridge and run at least 13 miles!  Was supposed to run 8 - but my body is saying "noooooooo" - rest and try and shake off this lurgy:

07 April - 13.5 miles
31 March - 22.5 miles
24 March - 16.5 miles
17 March - 20 miles
10 March - 18 miles
04 March - 14.6 miles
24 Feb - 16.6 miles
17 Feb - 14.1 miles
10 Feb - 13.2 miles

Total miles run since 01 Jan over 350 

£120 added to the increasing sponsorship totals.  A cheque through the front door from lovely neighbours Kath and Bill, 80 if a day, both of them.  But so encouraging and supportive when they find me puffing and panting outside my gate after a long run.  "When I was young boy..........".

Booked my kitchen sofa in to be reupholstered,  one thing led to another - including marathon talk, and before I knew it - another £50. Never, been into this shop before or met them in my life - but the lovely man was smitten with my story - how very kind ๐Ÿ˜Š

 My dad emailed to say that he has another £20 waiting  for me - from long standing family friends - lush.

A quick count up on all the marathon Virgin Just Giving pages - attributed to Ella and the total is a staggering 24k to date (without Gift Aid, never know if I should count this in or not). OMG - that is crazy and just so flipping generous - thank you every one who has contributed to this amazing total.  I can feel 25K coming on...., in fact, maybe we will make it to £26, 200 - which would be very appropriate.

Spent 30 minutes sorting out my running kit, including ironing  letters onto my TCT marathon T Shirt J and O!!  For the record I now have 4  pairs of running leggings v the 1 pair I started off with a year ago.  Don't start me off on long sleeve tops.

Blew my nose a gazillion times - sore now ๐Ÿ˜ท

20 c - forecast temperature in London Sunday week - I only know how to run with 3 layers on, gloves and a bandanna!














๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ Are you with me, are you with me......๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ

Numbers (and music) have been good today

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=TeamElla2&pageUrl=2&isTeam=true




No comments:

Post a Comment

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share..... Whilst I haven't...