Tuesday 17 April 2018

Motivational messages coming in left right and centre

Lovely, lovely messages coming in from all sorts of people.

Here is one from wonderful 86 year old Dad.  His mantra to me all my life has been a continual drumbeat of "just do your best".  Don't worry Dad, I will be doing the best I can on Sunday and will keep your words close to my heart.  I also love that he has learnt to use emojis on e mail (well smiley faces anyway).  πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Here are a few for you Dad πŸ’œ




Hi Jo 
It was good to see you and Mark yesterday; a great effort
for you because I could see you were not quite your usual
cheerful self.

Look after your self this week, glad you are feeling a little better
I'm sure you will be alright by next Sunday.

I want you to know how tremendously proud of you I am, not
only running the marathon itself but for all the training runs
over the last few months, not many 57 year olds could withstand
the programme you set yourself.

Just do your best, I'll be watching out for you although i will have
to be pretty sharp eyed to spot you.

Much love Dad xxx☺


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share..... Whilst I haven't...