Sunday 11 March 2018

8.2 miles to find

Yesterday saw me "grind out" 18 miles - the furthest single distance I have ever run in my life - tell you what it's a bloody long way!

I say grind out - as that is what I had to do.  There wasn't a single easy mile, despite all the encouragement, motivating (and waiting) from my running buddies CJ and Lindsey - every mile was hard work and I had to convince my brain not to give up.

"Running is nothing more than a series of arguments between the part of your brain that wants to stop and the part that wants to keep going".

Don't know who said that - but boy it's true and yesterday there weren't many parts of my brain that wanted to keep going, other than I didn't know the route so had to keep my buddies in sight - or I may still be out there now...

Anyway - job done and just another 8.2 miles to find on 22 April to make it to the finish line.  Goodness only know where I will find them, but find them I will.

I know that you can get good runs and bad runs - yesterday was just a bad one and so far to date in recent months - that is the only bad one I have had - took me right back to last summer and my first attempts at trying to run 10 miles non stop - tough!

Anyway, pleased to report my legs and hips still belong to me this morning and that several glasses of "dry white" helped considerably last night, never mind a quiet couple of hours being waited on by my lovely Dad - who fetched me cups of tea and chocolate biscuits whilst we quietly watched the rugby late afternoon - thanks Dad :)

Onwards.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share..... Whilst I haven't...