Sunday 18 March 2018

Through the snow and wind.......

.....I ran 20 miles on Saturday.  Yessir - you read that right - 20 miles... and guess what I think I could have managed another 1 or 2 miles, so not many more to find now.

Slow but steady with Mrs P and MK by my side, we set off round the Leicestershire country lanes - passing through beautiful villages such as Broughton Astley, Leire, Ashby Magna and Dunton Bassett.   It snowed, the wind blew a hooley and it was freezing cold - but on we ran.

Mrs P left us at 6 miles, but was back out later in the support car to cheer us on and get us round the last three miles - she was amazing.

We ran up and down hills and across the M1 - not a scenic moment, in fact a moment when I seriously wondered what the hell I was doing and wondered if my face would ever come back to life from the freezing cold, my lips were numb!

But finally my faithful Garmin "buzzed" 19 miles and I knew I had just one more mile to run.  Friends let me tell you what that last mile of a long run feels like,  it's both awful and wonderful, awful because you are so knackered and exhausted but wonderful because you know its only another 10 minutes or so and you can finally STOP running. And quite frankly - what's 10 minutes in the scheme of things - nothing really....

A cup of tea, a ham and cheese toastie, a big stretch, a hot bath, a sleep - then I was ready for a few DWW's and the big curry fund raising night so generously hosted by Mr and Mrs P (Martin and Elaine), great fun and a whopping £425 added to the funds. A massive, massive thank you to everyone who came and supported the evening - lovely, lovely people. πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

5 weeks to go....... not long now and guess what?   This is the sixth week in a row that  I have run at least a half marathon every Saturday or Sunday - insanity!



 https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-portal/fundraiserPage?pageId=876393



1 comment:

  1. Well done Jo & Mark on finishing the 20 miler - you are amazing! You've got this marathon in the bag now.

    ReplyDelete

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share..... Whilst I haven't...