Sunday 4 March 2018

Even my knickers were wet!

Despite the cancellation of the Bath Half  - London Marathon training continued, with a team run from Allington this morning.

"Are you with me?"  - yes, lots of boys with me this morning, well three - Andy, Jim and MK

After a quick update and comparison on various injuries we set off at a steady "Jo" pace and headed up the Portway (passing Marion coming back in), all the way to the M5 Avonmouth Bridge.  A first for me - we ran across it (normal use for me on this bridge - heading to Cornwall or Devon in a car, much easier..).

Spectacular views of Avonmouth, traffic whizzing by and peoples back gardens from up high.  Still, different views help the miles go by.  We had a shot at the apex point and a team photo and then headed on for Pill and Ham Green with Andy leading the way.

The tow path back in was very cross country today - lots of snow, mud and puddles.  Tried to dodge them for a while then just gave up and ran through them, getting very wet feet and then the heavens opened and that was it I got wet through even down to my knickers.

Still kept plodding and splashing on - and made it home with 14.65 miles on the clock.

A hot shower, a stretch, bacon sandwich, coffee and a long sit down.  Job done - thanks boys X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share..... Whilst I haven't...