Monday 26 February 2018

Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going......

Monday night - the start of a new training week, back to 0 miles.  For the record last week I clocked up 26 over three runs.

Anyway, Monday night that means "hill sprints", I say sprints loosely as what I deem to be sprinting is probably standard running pace to others.

Home from work, change, straight out in the dark (thank goodness, so no one can see me), ten minute gentle warm up and then eight hill sprints, aghhhhhhhhhhhh - that means running as fast as I can up a hill till I reach the top and my lungs are bursting and then a gentle jog back down, repeat seven times, jog home.

It's not fun and it's not pretty - but my aim is to do this once a week - its now a habit, but one I will happily give up in eight weeks time.

Apparently this type of training run makes me fitter and legs stronger - seriously!

Oh and on my gentle jog home, a giant of a man came thundering past me, pounding down the street, I have never seen the likes of it, feet like flippers, legs like tree tree trunks and of course he just had shorts and a running vest on - though it was an artic evening.

Habit - it's done!

PS - Where were you all tonight???




No comments:

Post a Comment

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share..... Whilst I haven't...