Saturday 24 February 2018

A seed is sown

Are you with me?  And I suspect the resounding answer is "yes we are Jo" - "of course we are, we always are".  Thank you, thank you wonderful friends and family from the bottom of my heart.  Here is my latest blog "Are you with me?"

It's been a long old few years - though to use one of my favourite quotes - "the days are (often) long but the years are short".  Where have the past six years gone?  In a whirl of coping - through work, time with family and friends and running - yes that's right running!!!

January 2013  saw me start to train for the Bristol 10K coming up in the May - along with many other runners - our first Run for Ella event was launched as a way of remembering Ella and raising a ton of cash for Teenage Cancer Trust (TCT), Ella's chosen charity.   The training runs were short, infrequent and painful, often pulling up to walk (and cry), but I made it round the 10k with one of my wonderful brothers (Bob) right next to me and many, many people cheering me on.

10k done - hang up running shoes.
The following Jan 2014 - dust down training shoes, train for 10k/Run for Ella2
10K done - hang up running shoes
The following Jan 2015...dust down training shoes, train for 10K/Run for Ella3
Repeat - you get the pattern

Until January 2017, yes I put on my training shoes and started training runs for Run for Ella5, but there was a shift from somewhere, don't know where or why but there was.  What if I just kept running and didn't hang up my shoes in May? Maybe I could run further than 10k and maybe run throughout the year....... and then TCT told me they were going to be the headline charity for The London Marathon 2018......and that was it THE SEED WAS SOWN....... could I maybe, just maybe run (!!) a marathon.......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Two big numbers

So 2018 is nearly over and it's been a bit of a year on the old running front as this blog set out to share..... Whilst I haven't...